Go on…..you know you’ve always wanted to
HOW TO BUILD A SCARECROW
- Use straw to stuff the clothes of the scarecrow. Tie arm and leg holes closed with raffia.
- Use straw to stuff gloves. Tie gloves to the wrist of the jumper.
- Open material for the head and place enough straw on the material to make the size of a head. Pull the corners of the material together and tie together with raffia. Mould the head into the correct shape.
- Glue face features onto the head.
- Use raffia or safety pins to attach the head to the neck hole of the jumper.
- Place a hat on the scarecrow’s head. Secure with safety pins if needed.
- Use shoe laces of sneakers to tie to the ankles of pants.
- Your scarecrow can now drape its arms around the shoulders of some friends ready for a photo. Your scarecrow will also look good sitting on a park bench.